Tomlinson Park, 1987, dedication, photo 4

Title

Tomlinson Park, 1987, dedication, photo 4

Description

This image shows Associate Professor Emeritus Rebecca Tomlinson on the right, speaking with a group of attendees at a reception following the dedication ceremony for Tomlinson Park in 1987 at Appalachian State University (1967-current). Tomlinson Park was named after Tomlinson, a professor of physical education at Appalachian State from 1961 to 1981, and helped design the park's landscaping and renovations. The centerpiece of the park is the Duck Pond, which has existed at Appalachian State since 1927.

Subject

Special Events
Faculty

Source

General Picture Files, 2004.040, Box 6, Dedications, C14.2.1.6.

Publisher

University Archives, Appalachian State University

Date

1987

Date Created

5/16/2008

Date Modified

4/1/2009

Rights

Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information

Type

Image

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Files

http://contentdm.library.appstate.edu:81/cgi-bin/showfile.exe

Citation

“Tomlinson Park, 1987, dedication, photo 4,” Appalachian State University Libraries Digital Collections, accessed May 19, 2019, https://omeka.library.appstate.edu/items/show/9471.