Chapell Wilson Hall, 1971, dedication, photo 1
This image shows Cratis Williams, dean of the Graduate School, speaking on a stage behind a podium at the rededication ceremony for Chapell Wilson Hall, built 1938, at Appalachian State University (1967-current) on May 23, 1971. Other speakers can be seen sitting on the stage, and three rows of women students can be seen in the foreground. Chapell Wilson was first known as Appalachian High School until 1965, when the school was merged into Watauga High School and the building was renovated by Appalachian State. Chapell Wilson was the first dean of the Graduate School and professor of psychology and education.
General Picture Files, 2004.040, Box 6, Dedications, C188.8.131.52.
University Archives, Appalachian State University
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information