Campus Aerial Views, west, circa 1970, photo 1
 

http://contentdm.library.appstate.edu:81/cgi-bin/showfile.exe

Citation

“Campus Aerial Views, west, circa 1970, photo 1,” Appalachian State University Libraries Digital Collections, accessed July 14, 2024, https://omeka.library.appstate.edu/items/show/8113.


Social Bookmarking


Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Title

Campus Aerial Views, west, circa 1970, photo 1

Description

This image shows the western view of Appalachian State University (1967-current) and Boone, NC, circa 1970. Visible are Belk Library, built 1968, Plemmons Student Union, built 1967, North/Workman Hall, built 1940, Coffey Hall, built 1953, Cone Hall, built 1968, White Hall, built 1966, Doughton Hall, built 1963, Cannon Hall, built 1968, Hoey Hall, built 1966, Lovill Hall, built 1966, Sanford Hall, built 1969, East Hall, built 1952, Founders Hall, built 1932, B. B. Dougherty Administration Building, built 1968, I. G. Greer Hall, built 1950, and Welborn Cafeteria, built 1925. Also visible is Watauga Hall, built 1929, the Home Management House, built 1965, L. S. Dougherty Hall, built 1962, Lucy Brock School of Nursing, built 1965, and Hagaman Hall, built 1952. Whitener Hall, built 1954, is visible in the background, and D. D. Dougherty Library, built 1935, is hidden behind trees north of Belk Library. Part of the smokestack, demolished 1973, is visible on the left of the image, by the Service Annex, built 1940. W. Kerr Scott Hall, built 1961, is visible on the left, and above that are Coltrane Hall, built 1968, Bowie Hall, built 1966, and Eggers Hall, built 1970. Red Lackey Field is visible in the foreground, with faculty housing to the left.

Subject

Aerial Views
Appalachian State University

Source

General Picture Files, 2004.040, Box 1, Aerial Photos, Campus, C14.2.1.1

Publisher

University Archives, Appalachian State University

Format

JPEG
Photographs

Language

English

Type

Image

Corporate Names

Appalachian State University

Date Range

1970-1979

Series

Series 1 -- Campus and Buildings

File name

0804_2004_040_A.jpg

Sponsors

The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.

Tag

contact sheet

Social Bookmarking

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>