Arts and Crafts Building
 

http://contentdm.library.appstate.edu:81/cgi-bin/showfile.exe

Citation

“Arts and Crafts Building,” Appalachian State University Libraries Digital Collections, accessed April 16, 2024, https://omeka.library.appstate.edu/items/show/7514.


Social Bookmarking


Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Title

Arts and Crafts Building

Description

This image shows the eastern side of the Arts and Crafts Building, also known as the Industrial Arts building, built in 1917. It was situated on the south side of campus, just north of Justice Hall (built 1920). Newland Hall (built 1908) can be seen in the background. The Arts and Crafts Building housed the first gymnasium on its first floor and the manual training program on the second floor. The building was demolished in the late 1930s.

Subject

Buildings
Athletics
Appalachian State University

Source

Elizabeth Brown Scoggins Collection (UA 45)

Publisher

University Archives, Appalachian State University

Format

JPEG
Photographs

Language

English

Type

Image

Corporate Names

Appalachian Training School. Appalachian State Normal School (N.C.). Manual Training Program. Industrial Arts Program. Athletic Department

Place Names

Arts and Crafts Building (1917). Industrial Arts Building (1917)

Date Range

1910-1919. 1920-1929

Series

Series 1 -- Campus and Buildings

File name

0202_2004_281_A.jpg

Sponsors

The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.

Social Bookmarking

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>