Welborn Cafeteria, extension, circa 1965, photo 2
This image shows the construction of an extension of Welborn Hall, built 1925, at Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967). The rear of the original building and the 1958 addition can be seen on the right in the background. Originally known as Central Dining Hall, it was known as simply as "the Cafeteria" since 1938, until being renamed Welborn in 1981. Renovations and additions were made in 1958, 1965, 1968, and 1988. It was demolished in February 2009 after the completion of the new Central Dining Hall.
Appalachian State University
General Picture File, 2004.040, Box 6, Welborn Hall, C22.214.171.124.
University Archives, Appalachian State University