The digitized scrapbooks, photographs, guest books, and other items in this digital collection are from AC.867 Camp Yonahlossee collection. Founded in 1922 by Mrs. A. P. Kephart as a summer camp for girls, Camp Yonahlossee was the female counterpart to Camp Yonahnoka located nearby in Linville, North Carolina. In 1954 the camp was sold to Mr. and Mrs. George M. McCord and Mrs. Agnes Jeter. The camp's primary focus was outdoor recreation with programs including horseback riding, archery, rifle shooting, swimming, sailing, and fencing. Crafts and dance were also taught at the camp. The camp closed in the 1980s and became a resort focused on equestrian activities. Note: University Libraries Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) believes in providing access to the historical record in support of the teaching, learning, and research endeavors of the communities it serves. Users should be advised that, due to the historical nature of some resources, users may encounter language or content that is harmful or difficult to view.