Photo, Robert E. Lee Hall

Robert E. Lee Hall in Black Mountain, North Carolina, ca. 1933-1941

The college rented its Blue Ridge campus for $4,500 per year from the Blue Ridge Assembly of Protestant Churches from 1933 to 1941. Per the college’s agreement with the Assembly, the college vacated the campus each summer when the Assembly used the buildings for church conferences.

Courtesy of Western Regional Archives, a branch of the North Carolina State Archives

Photo, Student reading on the Blue Ridge campus, ca. 1933-1941

Photo, Student reading on the Blue Ridge campus, ca. 1933-1941

Courtesy of Western Regional Archives, a branch of the North Carolina State Archives